Icomera, a fast-growing technology company, is looking for 2 Network Commissioning Engineers to join our growing team and contribute to our ambition to deliver top class connectivity products and solutions to our customers in the transportation market.
You will be responsible for working alongside, supporting the 3rd party installation team, and commissioning the Icomera solution which provides the on-board and internet connectivity for other onboard 3rd party systems. You will report to the Senior Project Engineer who has responsibility for the successful completion of the fleet wide commissioning. Initially, this is a project-based role, which will lead into a critical field engineer Digital Train specialist support role following the fleet completion. The roles will become the “go to” champions and lead technical engineers for the Digital Train solution. The ideal candidate is a client facing, all-rounder, who can resolve problems, troubleshoot, support customers and also assist in delivery, installations and commissioning. Building on your base IT Networking knowledge and experience, Icomera will provide full training on the unique solution being deployed.
Initially, the role will be based at one of the installation depots, Newton Heath (Manchester), or Allerton (Liverpool) or Arriva Train Care (Crewe). Therefore, the work environment will be railway rolling stock depots, and will require flexible working hours to align with the project timescales. Post fleet commissioning, the role will move into the Operational side of Icomera, with the primary responsibility to provide onsite support and corrective maintenance duties across the Northern Railway network. The role will require you to be able train and support other Engineers in how to support the Icomera solution. There will also be times you are asked to help support other areas within Icomera, which may involve travel throughout the UK.
The main responsibilities include:
- Be the, local, onsite Icomera representative
- Completing post installation, on-site equipment configuration and system commissioning
- Accurately completing commissioning documentation
- Provide local, on-site Quality Assurance, ensuring the correct components are installed in the correct vehicle, accurate equipment details are recorded, and equipment is correctly installed to the design
- Trouble shoot and resolve any post installation network issues
- Work closely with the project team to ensure the project is delivered successfully
- Train and support other Engineers (both internally and externally) on the deployed Icomera solution
- Support and Maintain the deployed Icomera solution
You will have the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- Computer Science or IT Network Engineering background or similar
- Proven, strong LAN/WAN Networking with either a Network+/CCENT or CCNA industrial or equivalent qualification.
- Proven electrical engineering knowledge, with relevant City and Guilds, NVQ or HNC/HND electrical engineering or equivalent qualifications
- Proven experience of putting this knowledge into use in a business environment
- Proven experience of working independently, managing your own time, delivering to schedule, i.e organised and able to work independently with little supervision
- Able to travel within UK and ability to work unsocial hours when reasonably required
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience of project engineering/support
- Experience in working within the Wi-Fi or passenger transport industries
- Experience of producing technical training documentation and training fellow engineering personnel
- Proven experience of working with battery operated hand tools, electronics/IT test equipment
- Knowledge of the LAN/WAN network landscape and technologies used in the UK and Europe
Icomera offers you:
- An excellent team-focused environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing company
- A chance to make your mark on the future technology for public transport
- A competitive salary
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
- Company benefits such as pensions, gym contributions, Childcare vouchers, Specsavers vouchers and much more
- at Icomera, you will get a chance to work on products that are visible by many users worldwide, including passengers for some of the largest train and bus companies in Europe and North America
The position is based in the UK and is a full-time position. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Simon Peters on email@example.com Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply today and join our team!