Icomera is proud to support the work of Friendly WiFi, the world’s first accreditation scheme designed to verify whether a public Wi-Fi service meets a minimum level of filtering to block out access to inappropriate and harmful websites. The ‘Friendly WiFi’ scheme works in partnership with the Internet Watch Foundation.
Public Wi-Fi services display the Friendly WiFi symbol to make it clear that their Wi-Fi meets a minimum standard of content filtering, blocking access to pornographic material and child abuse webpages (illegal content) known to the Internet Watch Foundation.
What are the benefits?
- Acknowledge your corporate social responsibility
- Be proud your Wi-Fi, as a minimum, blocks illegal content and pornography
- Show your passengers your Wi-Fi is not only ‘present’ but ‘safe’ to use
- Be part of the Friendly Wi-Fi online search directory
- Be part of Friendly Wi-Fi social & media activities, working with the public,
child online safety organisations, schools and education
- Show your passengers and their children that you care
For more information about the Friendly WiFi scheme please visit www.friendlywifi.com
Other businesses already supporting Friendly WiFi include:
- Chiltern Railways
- Euston Station
- Network Rail
- Seattle Museum of Flight
- Plus many more…
“Keeping children and young people safe online is of paramount importance. The Friendly WiFi scheme has been a great success in the UK, and is another example of how we are a world leader when it comes to making the internet more child-friendly. It’s extremely encouraging to see so many providers supporting the scheme and raising standards.”
Baroness Shields, UK Minister for Internet Safety & Security, November 2015