Icomera is proud to support the work of Friendly WiFi, the world’s first safe certification standard designed to verify whether a public Wi-Fi service meets a minimum level of filtering to block out access to inappropriate and harmful websites. Friendly WiFi works in partnership with the Internet Watch Foundation.
Public Wi-Fi services display the Friendly WiFi symbol to make it clear that their Wi-Fi meets a minimum standard of content filtering, blocking access to pornographic material and child abuse webpages (illegal content) known to the Internet Watch Foundation.
What are the benefits?
- Acknowledge your corporate social responsibility
- Be proud your Wi-Fi, as a minimum, blocks illegal content and pornography
- Show your passengers your Wi-Fi is not only ‘present’ but ‘safe’ to use
- Be part of the Friendly Wi-Fi online search directory
- Be part of Friendly Wi-Fi social & media activities, working with the public,
child online safety organisations, schools and education
- Show your passengers and their children that you care
For more information about Friendly WiFi please visit www.friendlywifi.com
Other businesses already supporting Friendly WiFi include:
- Chiltern Railways
- Euston Station
- London Bridge Station
- Arriva Wales
- Big Bus Tours
- Network Rail
- Center Parcs
- Plus many more…
“The government is committed to ensuring people have the information and tools they need to stay safe online and we are working with industry to provide the right solutions to online harms. It’s great to see brands empowering users to manage online risks through the use of the Friendly WiFi logo.”
Margot James, Minister for Digital and the Creative Industries, July 2018