Icomera, a fast-growing technology company, is looking for a NOC Manager to join our growing team and contribute to our ambition to deliver top class connectivity products and solutions to our customers in the transportation market.
The Network Operations Centre in Chatham is the central touchpoint for remote monitoring and management of thousands of Icomera devices operating on vehicles throughout the UK and the rest of the world. Home to our first and second line teams, the NOC manager is responsible for leading and motivating the NOC team to provide excellent service to our customers and their passengers at all times.
Our NOC team is responsible for carrying out regular fleet checks, responding to remote monitoring events, coordinating field engineering work as well as answering queries from end passengers. Managing a well regimented and responsive team is essential to ensuring we continue to consistently meet our demanding Service Level Agreements to customers.
The NOC manager is expected to build strong relationships and work closely with other regional NOC managers, to ensure that we provide a robust “follow the sun” model that works well. In addition to being part of the global NOC team, this role sits within the UK Operations management team and as such will contribute to the overall strategy for providing great customer support and service, while ensuring that the NOC team is set up to optimally engage with other areas of the business where required.
While the role is primarily based in Chatham, travel to other Icomera and customer offices will regularly be undertaken in fulfilling some duties. The role holder will be expected to help ensure efficient communication and positive cooperation with other teams and regions.
- Coordinating or otherwise assisting in incident responses and any required escalations
- Making sure the team responds to all customers and tickets within SLA targets
- Regularly reviewing and refining where necessary internal team processes and other touchpoints to ensure optimal potential is reached
- Building and maintaining a sense of appropriate urgency and diligence in all activities undertaken by NOC team members
- Responsible for building and measuring KPIs to help build a holistic view of team performance and aid with workload forecasting or other insights that may help drive business decisions
- Holding regular check-ins with all team members to understand their challenges, workload and other needs and helping them to succeed
- Part of the UK Operations Management Team, managing the expectation of inter-departmental stakeholders and working closely with other operations managers to improve interdepartmental engagements
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels, with a problem-solving attitude
- Work with the Global NOC Coordinator to ensure harmony with other worldwide processes
- Able to empathise with users with support issues, and have a ‘can-do’ attitude to fixing their problems
- Able to look ahead and forecast process or technical problems that need remedies applying in advance
- Able to manage staff and stakeholder conflicts, and the ability to command and control meetings
- Experience with executing staff disciplinaries and recruitment
Manager/Team Leader Mandatory Tasks
- Provide line management and direction to a first line customer service team and a second line technical team
- Ensuring all team members are well-coordinated, motivated, trained and otherwise set up for success
- Manage the Regional NOC’s staff schedule changes and make adjustments when needed
- Report any unresolvable UK issues to the Senior Operations Director, UK for BAU issues
- Report any process issues to the Global NOC Coordinator
- Authorised to change the schedule within the UK NOC in cooperation with the other NOC Analysts and Regional NOC Managers
You will have the following knowledge, skills & experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English and able to offer technical customer support in English in speech as well as in written text
- Exceptional written English for customer correspondence
- Familiar with networking and IT environments
- Experience working with Linux applications and commands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good ability to organise tasks and duties
Experience and Education:
- At least three year’s experience of being the team leader of a NOC responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting complex network setups, preferably within the transport and/or telecommunications/IT sector
- At least five years of customer support experience, in general, is required
- High school level education
What we offer you:
- An excellent team-focused environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing company
- A chance to make your mark on the future technology for public transport
- A competitive salary
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
- 25 days annual holiday per calendar year – increasing one day per year following completion of 2 years employment, then 1 additional day per year until a maximum of 28 days
- Company benefits such as pensions, gym contributions, Specsavers vouchers and much more
- At Icomera, you will get a chance to work on products that are visible by many users worldwide, including passengers for some of the largest train and bus companies in Europe and North America
The position is based in the Chatham office and is a full-time employment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your application to: email@example.com
Apply today and join our team!