Icomera, a fast-growing technology company, is looking for a Head of Field Services to join our growing team and contribute to our ambition to deliver top class connectivity products and solutions to our customers in the transportation market.
Icomera operates a substantial field engineering team that provides national coverage for our customers’ vehicle estates, servicing and repairing Icomera products on board a variety of different vehicles. The team consists of approximately 15 engineers based throughout the UK with varying skill sets and expertise covering both road and rail.
The Head of Field Services is part of the overall UK operations management team and is primarily responsible for ensuring the field team is set up to optimally deal with the evolving needs of our business and customers. As part of the operations management team, the role holder will contribute to the operational vision for the wider team, feeding back observations and recommendations on opportunities for improvement.
It’s the duty of the Head of Field Services to put measures in place to continually evaluate the overall effectiveness of our field services and proactively refine and evolve processes and procedures to ensure we are working to best industry practices, while delighting customers and colleagues who rely on an excellent field team service. An important part of this role will be to define the ongoing strategy for the team and articulate this to other stakeholders in the business.
Due to the remote nature of the field engineering role, it’s essential the Head of Field Services is able to exercise excellent communication skills and build a strong sense of camaraderie and consistency in the team. This will involve not only communicating regularly with all team members but ensuring that Icomera is responsive to any challenges team members might face.
While the role is primarily based in Chatham, travel to other Icomera and customer offices will regularly be undertaken in fulfilling some duties. The role holder will be expected to help ensure efficient communication and positive cooperation with other teams and regions.
You will have the following knowledge, skills & experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding, measuring and refining how the business engages the field team based on opportunities for improvement as well as adapting to the changing needs of a growing business
- Ensuring all field team members are well coordinated, motivated, trained and otherwise set up for success
- Holding regular checks in with all team members to understand their challenges, workload and other needs and helping them to succeed
- Building a coherent team that works and communicates well, with a strong sense of direction and camaraderie
- Understanding the overall business direction and preparing the field team to adapt to any changes that may be needed as a result, e.g. changing products or technologies
- Part of the UK Operations Management Team, managing the expectation of inter departmental stakeholders
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all level, with a problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to support other regions as and when required to help demonstrate the effectiveness of the UK team
- Developing a training strategy for the team to ensure that knowledge and expertise is regularly shared and avoiding any single points of failure in team expertise
- Annual leave approval for team members
- Checking and ensuring accuracy of team member time sheets prior to sign off
- Management of Icomera’s UK fleet of vehicles, including renewing insurance, tax, fuel cards and other tasks
- Ensuring all team members have required PPE, tools and other items required to effectively and safely carry out work
- Regular 121s with team members as well as annual appraisals and objective setting
- Robust and regular communication forum for entire team, for example weekly phone call or other methods as appropriate
Experience and Education:
- Auto electrical experience
- Working knowledge of IT and network environments
- Holding or willing to undertake ITIL qualifications
- Can do attitude and strong problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a field engineering role previously, ideally including bus or train exposure
- Line management experience of geographically separated teams
- Ideally Degree level education or equivalent
What We Offer You:
- An excellent team-focused environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing company
- A chance to make your mark on the future technology for public transport
- A competitive salary
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
- 25 days annual holiday per calendar year – increasing one day per year following completion of 2 years employment, then 1 additional day per year until a maximum of 28 days
- Company benefits such as pensions, gym contributions, Specsavers vouchers and much more.
- At Icomera, you will get a chance to work on products that are visible by many users worldwide, including passengers for some of the largest train and bus companies in Europe and North America
The position is based in the Chatham office and is a full-time employment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Steve Jukes on firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your application to: email@example.com
Apply today and join our team!