Join Icomera and be part of a world that is growing every day. Here, high performers are rewarded in an ever-changing, quality-oriented environment that provides everyone with the chance to stretch and develop themselves. We are proud to foster a culture of inclusivity and equality, where every person can realise their potential.
Icomera, is looking for a Technical Author to join our team and contribute to our ambition to deliver top class connectivity products and solutions to our customers in the transportation market within our dg8 division.
dg8 was formed in 2008 and has steadily grown to become one of the countries most respected rail vehicle technical services suppliers. Since 2008 dg8’s team have successfully delivered projects both nationally and internationally. Recently dg8 were acquired by Icomera UK who are part of the wider Icomera Group and ultimately owned by Engie
Ineo. This acquisition has brought the potential for growth in our existing customer base both nationally and internationally, to underpin this growth we are searching for individuals with a proven track record who can integrate seamlessly into our organisation and support this growth.
We are looking for a Technical Author to join our team who will underpin the Engineering Change packs we currently deliver as well as the technical documentation that we deliver as part of stand-alone project tasks. As a Technical Author you will produce the mandatory documentation to support the design projects, working alongside Design Engineers and Project Engineers. Typically, this includes:
- Create a modification procedure from the project design drawings, survey photographs and existing rail vehicle information
- Create new maintenance procedures as necessary from the design drawings and OEM suppliers information
- Assess any existing maintenance instructions and amend as necessary
- When necessary, create new Client templates in MS Word to support the above
You will report to the dg8 Directors and will be required to take technical responsibility for the output of the documentation you produce.
The role is immediately available and dg8 would welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals who are looking for a new challenge and who want to be part of a vibrant developing business that is now part of a wider international business.
You will have the following knowledge, skills & experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience in the Rail Rolling Stock field either from a build, maintenance or modification background
- Have significant industry experience and a proven track record to underpin their competence.
What we offer you:
- An excellent team-focused environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing company
- A chance to make your mark on the future technology for public transport
- A competitive salary
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
- Company benefits such as pensions, gym contributions, Specsavers vouchers and much more.
- At Icomera, you will get a chance to work on products that are visible by many users
worldwide, including passengers for some of the largest train and bus companies in Europe and North America
The position is full-time permanent employment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jenny Hughes on firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your application to: email@example.com
Apply today and join our team!
Ihre zukünftigen Aufgaben:
- Unterstützung des lokalen Teams in vielfältigen Belangen zum Thema Datentransportnetzwerke
- Unterstützung von 2nd und 3rd Line Teams bei der Fehlersuche, insbesondere mit kundenspezifischen Informationen
- Entwurf und Planung neuer und geänderter Netzwerkinfrastrukturbausteine, sowohl in Fahrzeugen als auch landseitig
- Planung und Change Management von Netzwerk-Changes
- Planung und Dokumentation konkreter Verbesserungsmaßnahmen zur Verbesserung der Dienstverfügbarkeit und Performance existierender Netzwerkinfrastrukturen (WLAN, drahtgebunden, Anbindung über Mobilfunknetze)
Sie bringen folgende Qualifikationen mit:
- Erfahrung im Design, der Planung, Implementierung, Monitoring, Fehlersuche und Problemlösung von komplexen Datennetzen
- Insbesondere gute Kenntnisse der folgenden Protokolle und Software sowie der entsprechenden Kontexte: Routing, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), STP/RSTP, ARP, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, NAT, Tcpdump/Wireshark, SNMP, VARP/VRRP, AAA/Radius, getunnelte Datentransportmechanismen
- Erfahrung in der Planung und Fehlersuche von drahtlosen Netzwerken (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- Drahtlose Authentifizierungs- und Verschlüsselungsmethoden
- Sicherheit in drahtlosen Netzen
- Gutes Verständnis von IT-Sicherheitskonzepten
- Fähigkeit, beim Entwurf neuer Konzepte Sicherheit von Beginn an zu berücksichtigen
- Ausgiebige Erfahrung mit Linux-Betriebssystemen im Netzwerkkontext
- weitere Vorteilhafte Kenntnisse
- Erfahrungen mit Mobile Backhaul (LTE / 5G)
- Erfahrung mit Datenanbindungen und -diensten im Verkehrssektor
- Fähigkeit zum Entwurf, der Planung, Implementierung, Monitoring und Troubleshooting von Firewall-Regelwerken
- Anerkannte Zertifizierung wie z.B. CCNP oder ähnlich von anderen Herstellern
- Vertrauter Umgang mit Scripting-Sprachen/Werkzeugen wie z.B. Python, Bash, o.ä.
- Kenntnisse in Linux scripting sind von Vorteil
Das attraktive Angebot:
- Arbeiten Sie an einem der größten Digitalisierungsprojekte im Deutschen Transportwesen
- Werden Sie Teil eines dynamischen, internationalen Teams mit schwedischen Werten und spannenden Perspektiven innerhalb eines schnell expandierenden Unternehmens
- Arbeiten Sie in der Frankfurter Innenstadt, Mobil und von zu Hause
- Job Ticket, attraktive BAV Pakete, Fitnessstudio Vergünstigungen u.v.m.
- Ein attraktives Gehaltspaket rundet unser Angebot an Sie ab
Haben Sie Lust unser Team zu verstärken? Dann sollten wir uns unbedingt kennen lernen.
Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen richten Sie bevorzugt per E-Mail an: Frau Ruzica Pejic – firstname.lastname@example.org
Icomera, a fast-growing technology company, are looking for a Technical Service Manager (TSM) to join our operations team to help drive our ambition to deliver and service Icomera’s top class products and solutions to our customers in the transportation market.
As the critical customer facing team member, the TSM has the important responsibility to drive and manage all technical operation aspects as a Tier 2 representative to ensure quality assurance with their assigned account(s) in an efficient and effective manner. In this role, the TSM will establish a collaborative working rapport and build the confidence in their clients as they establish themselves as a “trusted partner”. As a “trusted partner” the TSM will establish and maintain weekly Technical operation calls, monthly/quarterly service reports, technical updates, trouble reports, and other operational issues that their clients may raise. The TSM will be involved in the day to day operational activities and assist in solving any technical issues that may arise in their account. In addition, the TSM will have a keen eye and ear to the ground anticipating the needs and problems that their client may have and bring back to the Icomera sales lead.
- Baseline and maintain current software, firmware records of the deployed Icomera products to include the Mobile router and gateway its assigned to, access points, switches, and any other business solutions integrated in the solution
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly performance statistics of assigned client’s solution driving quality service level metrics
- Maintain and report progress reports both internally and externally for client initiatives and operational activities
- Facilitate and lead both internal and external resources to support operational activities ensuring quality assurance and solution metrics are achieved.
- As a gatekeeper of the account ensure by testing or assisting in the testing of software updates are properly tested and implemented in an effective change control manner
- Drive the analysis and completion of a comprehensive Root Cause Analysis and Incident reports and present to their assigned client impacted by any service outage
- Enable the NOC for success by ensuring they fully understand the client solution and support processes and procedures established for the client
- Assist in the resolution of any trouble tickets raised
- Escalate internally to the appropriate engineering core and 3rd line development teams to resolve technical issues
- Effectively communicate any upsell opportunity to the Icomera sales and sales engineering teammate assigned to the account
We believe you should have the following:
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering background degree or equivalent relevant technical experience
- Wireless and data network telecommunications experience
- Ability to multi-task and maintain several assigned accounts simultaneously
- Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills to communicate both verbal and written on various levels
- A self-start hands on leader that thrives in a challenging and upstart environment providing cutting edge solutions
- Problem solver with the ability to work under pressure
- Flexible to work long hours when required
- Strong work ethics and values
- Ability to travel throughout the Icomera US Region
It is also desirable with:
- Experience in working within the passenger transport industries
- Basic knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Experience working with IP based networks
- Knowledge of the mobile network landscape and technologies
Icomera offers you:
- An excellent team-focused working environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing market
- A chance to make your mark on the future of technology for transport
- A competitive salary
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
You will be a part of a company which is a contributor to future technology for public transportation and which is growing rapidly. You will also be a member of a team focused environment and your work day will be fun, flexible and varied. Send your application to email@example.com
Apply today and join our team!
We are always looking for the best talent. Icomera is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, with main offices in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, the United States, and Canada. We are happy to accept applications from anyone who already has the right to work in these countries (for example, EU citizenship).
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only engage in direct recruitment; calls or CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.