Icomera, a fast-growing technology company, is looking for a Solutions Developer to join our growing team and contribute to our ambition to deliver top class connectivity products and solutions to our customers in the transportation market.
As a Solutions Developer in the Solutions Engineering team at Icomera UK you will help Icomera UK develop and enhance our platforms to meet their increasingly complex requirements for public transport in the digital age. Your main responsibilities will be around the prototyping and working with build-or-buy integrations for the customer delivery.
The role involves working closely with our customers to turn their business problems, requirements and ideas into full solution designs that work alongside Icomera’s Mobility Platform.
This is a hands-on role and with some customer focused requirements on exploring the underlying needs of the request, drawing out the end goals of the customer by adding value and features they may not have considered as well as evaluating the deliverable for inclusion in our core product range. Building prototypes and possible end solutions to showcase our products. You will also need to be able to consider and capture the non-technical requirements of the solution as well.
As a member of the Solutions team, you will have to work closely with multiple teams right across the business to understand the full lifecycle of the solution and what impact it might have to other teams (finance, support etc) as well as creating response to tenders and sometime general customer enquiries and supporting from a 3rd line perspective the solutions teams deliveries.
Understanding of integration methodologies, software architecture, web technologies, IP, security, familiarisation with virtual environments and being able to translate complex technology to nontechnical customers is an essential part of the role. Understanding how the business may benefit from a buy or build delivery methodology, how the solutions may benefit other customers and feed ideas and concepts into the Icomera core development streams/roadmap are all essential, ensuring the solutions are supportable and future proof.
Other responsibilities include sharing relevant information from marketplaces with the IUK team, sharing best practices, demonstrating and testing products on the marketplace that are relevant to the solutions, building test rigs to show working solutions. Working with marketing teams on turn solutions into whitepapers and demos for trade shows.
- Responsible for delivering working designs and solutions for our customer as part of the team or as an individual
- Working closely with a broad range of stakeholders, including KAMs, TAMs, Sales Engineers, other internal development teams and customers to ensure the smooth delivery custom solutions
- Able to make decisions around whether each solution is a build or buy (or combination)
- Supporting the sales teams in costing/pricing, presenting the Icomera connected vehicle and other on-board solutions
- Supporting the full product lifecycle in solution design (on going support and maintenance planning and processes/handovers)
- Articulate complex technical solutions to potentially non-technical customers and design documentation
- Evaluate off the shelf software packages for compatibility with the Icomera offerings for best fit and customisation to meet our customer needs
- Work with development teams outside of Icomera to deliver custom solutions where no off the shelf product exists
- Technical capability to work with and understand SQL databases, scripting and web development languages
- Providing accurate timing and estimates on work
- Evaluating risks and predicting potential problems in solutions
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, operational, sales and technical specifications) with the company and standards bodies when needed.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly regarding emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a specialist in the industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well written and spoken individual, proficient at communicating at all levels of an organisation.
- Understanding of development processes, design, probably already a software developer
- Understanding of system design and architecture.
- Programming background in server technologies such as PHP, Java, Ruby or .Net
- Proficient at using web technologies such as AJAX, JSON, XML, CSS, HTML5, JQuery
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Familiar with networking and IT environments
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to organise tasks and priorities
- Ability to learn technologies quickly from online resources
We are looking for someone who is currently a software developer looking to expand on their skillset with exposure to customers and commercial environments.
University degree or equivalent work experience
What we offer you:
- An excellent team-focused environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing company
- A chance to make your mark on the future technology for public transport
- A competitive salary
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
- Company benefits such as pensions, gym contributions, Specsavers vouchers and much more.
- At Icomera, you will get a chance to work on products that are visible by many users worldwide, including passengers for some of the largest train and bus companies in Europe and North America.
The position is based in the Chatham office and is a full-time employment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Simon Blake on email@example.com
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply today and join our team!